Saturday, March 19, 2011

Silent Lips?

I continually remind our children to be thankful for that which they have. We live in a culture that tells us no matter what we have, we need more! Too often in our life, we don't give thanks for the material things we have or for the spiritual blessings we have or for the blessings we have. Stop, right now and give thanks!

Today, about 13 months ago, I was in Ashburn, Va visiting some friends that we met in Seminary. They helped remind us of the simplicity of life, the necessity of friends and meaning of thankfulness. I give thanks for the way in which they keep me grounded. I haven't seem them in over a years, but being with them again reminded me of how God has used them, my Hindu friends, as a calming force in my life over the past almost 7 years. (I also have a longing to see them again!)

What are you thankful for? What have you taken for granted in your life? What do you need to stop and give thanks for this very moment? I have had these close friends from over 7 years, and only that weekend 13 months ago did I realize how special and important they are to my life. Why is that? Probably because I never took the time to stop and see who they are because like most, my lips are silent because I am focused inward, instead of on others.

No comments: