Friday, January 7, 2011

So, some of you want to know what I read...

Several people have asked me what I have been reading recently. When I’m asked this question, my normal reply is, “well, scripture and related material, of course!” Of course that is my tongue and cheek response because I know that they don’t necessarily mean theological or Biblical tomes.

Over the past 2 months I have read four books for pure fun, and I have just started my fifth. I hope you have heard of Naomi Novik and her Temeraire Series?As it says on her website, temeraire.org, the novels are “a reimagining of the epic events of the Napoleonic Wars with an air force--an air force of dragons, manned by crews of aviators.”

I have found these books to be a quick, interesting, page-turning read. Quite frankly, on those nights following the long days when I just can’t seem to “turn my mind off” from either the events of the day or of the events that are coming up tomorrow, I can get lost in the stories of Temeraire, Captain Laurence, and the rest of aerial corps.

I have read His Majesty’s Dragon, Throne of Jade, Black Powder War, and Empire of Ivory. I just purchased Victory of Eagles. Then, I will be left with Tongues of Serpents until Ms. Novik releases the next installment of the Temeraire series.

For those that wanted to know...that’s what I’m reading. Have you read these books? What did you think?

No comments: